12th Pass (10+2)
Age 18 Years or above
****Procedure to become an Insurance Agent in India****
- Candidate seeking Insurance Agency License for the first time should complete 50 hours of training from IRDA approved institution.
- Online and off line training modes are available. Please check this with your Insurer.
- 25 hours of training in case of candidate seeking renewal of license.
- Candidate who is seeking license for the first time to act as composite (i.e. Life/General) insurance agent has to complete 75 hours of training.
- Minimum qualification of a pass in 12th standard in case of urban areas and 10th Standard in case of rural areas if the population is less than 5000.
- Should pass pre recruitment qualification test for insurance advisors.
- Insurance Institute of India in tie up with National Stock Exchange conducts online Pre recruitment Qualification Test..
- The Test contains 50 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time is ONE Hour Exam.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There is NO NEGATIVE MARK for wrong answers.
- To qualify a person should get 50% marks.